Here is perhaps the best vegan fresh porridge in the world! At least I'm completely in love with this myself and I would eat this every day. You can find the original, non-vegan example of the instructions From the K-Ruoa recipe archive.
We often make this as an evening snack for adults - for some reason our children don't care for any kind of fresh porridge. The portion is really a good size and you can eat either one person to their stomach full, or two people with other food.
Making fresh porridge
Making fresh porridge is really easy:
- Thaw the berries (no need to thaw if you leave the fresh porridge overnight)
- Mash the bananas, e.g. with a fork
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Put the porridge in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes
- Add syrup, almond flakes and dried cranberries
Tip: If you eat this for breakfast, you can put the porridge in the fridge the night before.
Which berries are suitable for fresh porridge?
You can use any berries for this according to your taste. Personally, I like the combination with strawberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants and a few sea buckthorn the most.
Other good combinations:
- Strawberry, blackcurrant, redcurrant, cranberry
- Strawberry, raspberry, redcurrant
- Raspberry, blueberry, redcurrant
Sweetening of fresh porridge
The more ripe bananas you use, the less you need to add other sweetener. In any case, fresh porridge needs some kind of sweetening, especially if the berries you use are relatively acidic.
Maple syrup is best for sweetening vegan fresh porridge. If you use honey, it also goes really well with fresh porridge.
Tip: Add dried cranberries on top of the porridge to bring more flavor & sweetness!Tulosta
If you liked the recipe, please share it! 💖 You can also rate the recipe and leave comments below ⬇️